New York City’s historic Carlton hotel, which just completed a multimillion dollar renovation at the hands of David Rockwell, will be offering a new package especially for Moms and their tweens called “13 things to do in NYC by 13.” Based on the popular book, 113 things to do by 13, by Brittany MacLeod, this package will highlight 13 activities that are a must to do while visiting one of the best cities in the world. The Carlton has teamed up with various partners around the city to offer tweens and their moms an experience that they both will treasure for a lifetime.
113 things to do by 13 is a light-hearted book that helps to distract tween girls with some fun things to do without getting into any major life issues. The Carlton Hotel took inspiration from the 13-year-old author, Brittany and created their own list of 13 Things To Do in NYC correlating with the book.
Upon arrival at the Carlton, the “13 Things To Do in NYC by 13” package, the tween guest is given a copy of the book along with a flipbook detailing the 13 suggested activities for the weekend. The list includes visiting the make up counters at Bloomingdale’s for expert beauty tips, satisfying the sweet tooth with a visit to Dylan’s Candy Bar, discovering one’s “purse-on-nality” as she learns how to bargain for a great deal on Manhattan’s infamous Canal Street, being pampered with a facial at Oasis Day Spa as well as enjoying time alone at the nearby tea lounge, Subtle Tea.
The preteen and teen years can be really tough these days with their worlds constantly changing. This package gives tweens and their moms the opportunity to bond over a few days of relaxation and fun.
In addition to a three day/two night stay at the Carlton, the “13 Things to do by 13” Package suggests:
1. Learn a few beauty tricks at Bloomingdales
2. Eat Sour Candy at Dylan’s Candy Bar and see how many times it takes before you have to make a funny face
3. Make a Massive Sundae at Dylan’s Café
4. Appreciate Time Alone with a cup of tea from Subtle Tea
5. Get a purse-on-ality on Canal Street in Chinatown
6. Get a proper bra fitting and buy one of your first bras at Ripplu Lingerie
7. Go on a shopping spree at Berkley Girl
8. Go on a Gossip Girls Tour and learn how to accessorize yourself at Henri Bendel’s
9. Appreciate Art at the Museum of Natural History
10. Take a bike adventure through Central Park
11. Be sporty at Chelsea Piers
12. Take in a Broadway Show
13. Learn to do a facial at home at Oasis Day Spa
The package starts at $369.00 per night, plus taxes. For more details, visit www.carltonhotelny.com.
Additional information on the hotel may be found at www.carltonhotelny.com.
Christina Stejskal/Melissa Sgaglione/Leslie Silver
Dan Klores Communications